Monday, June 2, 2014

Another week FULL of Miracles!!!!!

Wow! This week has been FANTASTIC!!!! I just really feel like I am on top of the world right now....well I guess I am according to Hungarians. You go to other places but when you come to Hungary, they literally say that you come onto Hungarian...that Hungary is like a higher place. They are so funny! And so right! Hungary is just the best!
Well funny story of the week...last week in english class, one of the students came up and told me that I would be a 7 million forint wife in I was from the country he was from because I am so white haha! I laughed so hard! So for about   minutes our whole english classed talked about how white I am. I have been laughing about it so hard this whole week! I love Hungarians!
Our investigators are doing so well. I just love them so much!
J. She is a young girl and she has been meeting with the sisters for quite a while. She has just recently started reading out of the BOM and it is amazing how much people start to progress when they act and just READ!!!! (If you ever want Heavenly Father to really bless you, just act...all the blesses just start pouring out!) and anyways, we had a super awesome program about baptism. Such a great program and she is praying about getting baptized. She is an awesome girl!
The M are doing well. Unfortunately they got in trouble this week so of course, the logical punishment is to not let them go to church or let them meet with the sisters. So it is going to be a long week without meeting with them :( I am going to miss them! This week though they were doing good and reading a lot. We also taught them some other primary songs to sing in a piano recital we had on Saturday. They did so good! And they loved singing the songs. We sing them every time we go over to their house now and its amazing how well it brings in the spirit. One day we went, the whole family was fighting and it was just pretty chaotic. I told the kids we were just going to start singing the songs we learn and by the time we finished singing, everything was calmed down and we were able to start our lesson. I just love those girls so much!!!!!!
D, G and A. They are awesome! This week we had them be the teachers and they taught us the Plan of Salvation. I was so proud of them! They really have learned a lot! We gave them little CTR rings and they thought they were the greatest thing in the world. And the lesson was just amazing...I am FINALLY really starting to learn how to teach kids. They opened up a lot more around us and it just felt good to finally teach a lesson that they actually really understood. They are the coolest kids ever!
So I have been studying every week on a Christlike attribute and this week the attribute was Knowledge. I realized that when I decide that I want to study/learn something, God provides me with the experiences I need to learn. We have to desire to learn and then act before God can lead  us to where we need to go. Anyways, it was amazing to see how the Lord really helped me use everything I have been learning over the past couple of weeks to really experience miracles this week. A couple of examples:
We met with a less active member and we were a little late to the program. Anyways, to make a really long story short, she was really not happy that we were late and because we were late she wanted to make sure we knew how mad she was. It was turning into one of the most frustrating lessons and I almost got to the point where I just wanted to stand up and leave instead of teach her....but I had remembered that morning I had read a scripture in Moroni about praying with all our hearts for charity and love. I prayed so hard that I could just somehow love her and be patient. And my whole entire outlook just changed. I just bore a simple and sincere testimony to her and said we needed to leave. She made it clear that she would not be coming to church for a long time and we left. And then came the MIRACLE! She came to church. And she got up and bore her testimony of how she had let in anger and bitterness. When she was angry and bitter, she couldnt continue to follow Christ and turned her anger toward everyone else. It was a total transformation from when we had met with her just a few days before. The gospel and the Atonement really can change anyone.
Saturday we had a really fun piano program and President and Sister Smith came and so did F and all his family. They actually sang some songs in the program. WE also had a ton of other people come to see it and it turned out to be really nice!
President and Sister Smith stayed the night and came to church the next day. It was such a good sacrament meeting. F came and it was really good for him. He learned a lot during church! President also came to a meeting with the missionaries and the ward members and we talked more about working together. The members are awesome here! The work is really going to start moving forward in this little branch. But the biggest miracle yesterday was the program last night at F's house.
Teaching at F's house it always a bit of a challenge. It is usually pretty loud and hard to get people to listen. So we said a really heartfelt prayer for help during this program. Anyways,  the fed us some birds that they had killed that day and some other delicious food! And things were getting a little crazy again. Then I just finally got up enough courage to tell them that we had something important to say and that they all needed to sit down. F sat right down, and we started reading out of the scriptures out of  Nephi 27 about the gospel of Jesus Christ. As soon as we started reading, everyone started to calm down. It was by far the most powerful program I have ever had with him. As I was teaching about baptizm, everything that I have been learning about lately just came to mind, I was able to say everything clearly and perfectly in a way that they understood, and the spirit really was the one that took over and told F what he needed to here. The whole family was quite for over an hour!!!!! That is a MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And F wants to be baptized on July 20th. And his brother in law came and sat in on the program and he would also like to be baptized now and start meeting with us. I really stand trully all amazed at what the spirit can do with people. Reading the scriptures are powerful. Prayer is powerful. And there is absolutely no way to describe how powerful until you actually experience it for yourself. It was an amazing program!
Right after that program we had a program with É and her family. T actually listened to us and we taught him. He said he will pray with his family! He wont say the prayer yet, but just to get him to do something with his family is a huge miracle!
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!
This week I also learned that the gift of tongues isnt always for you to speak perfect Hungarian...its for the others to listen and to actually understand what the spirit it trying to tell them. God gifts really are true. God really does fulfill His promises.
I love being a missionary. It is amazing to see all the miracles and blessings that God gives to those who just do what He asks. God does bless the obedient. I just love being in this country and serving the Lord! This really is the greatest work to be doing! I love you all!

Falslev Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment