Monday, June 9, 2014

A crazy week of adventures!!!!

Wow! Time is just flying by so fast! I cant believe it! I feel like I just emailed you all yesterday! Things are really just going wonderful here. We have had the best week ever!

We started teaching one of the members boyfriend this week and it is going awesome! He is already reading out of the BOM and our first program was awesome with him. He came to church yesterday and loved it. It is amazing how much better and smoother the programs go when members are so involved with the lessons. It goes a lot smoother when they already have friends and have someone they trust!

This week was also very interesting. We had a lot of weird run ins with birds this week....the first one being the most interesting. We had been streeting and decided to stop for a little ice cream break. We were sitting down and eating ice cream when this lady we had streeted just a few days earlier saw us and came over to show us her cute 3 month old baby. She was adorable!! As we were standing there looking at how cute this little baby was, I felt something land in my hair. I reached up to see what it was and sure enough, to my great pleasure, there was bird poop all over in my hair. But this bird was really smart, it didn't just me, it got all three of us. The lady's jacket was covered with it but she didn't care because she was really in love with showing us her little baby. She just kept right on talking with us. So I wiped the disgusting bird poop out of my hair with my little ice cream napkin and we moved over about 10 feet or so and kept talking with this lady. About 5 or 10 minutes later, I felt another BIG drop all over my arm. I looked down and my arm is just covered in bird poop. DISGUSTING! And I didn't have any more napkins to wipe it off. It also landed all over the little babies car seat thing and got a little on the baby. But the lady was so into her baby that she didn't even care. It was so funny! I cannot believe I got pooped on not just once but TWICE! Even after I moved! But apparently, getting pooped on by a bird here in Hungary means you will have a lot of luck....so getting pooped on twice just means all the more luck, right? Haha! So funny!

We also got to see a storks nest with 3 little babies in it. Those nests are huge! And so are the birds! And we also found a little baby birds nest right by our apartment door that have 5 baby birds in it. The little boys in our apartment get so excited to have us see the birds whenever we come home. Today we were also walking along the road, when a little bird fell out of its nest right in front of us and dropped on the ground. It was very confused and had no idea what to do. So needless to say....birds have been our best friend this week haha!

I also got to go to a Hungarian hospital this week. We were visiting one of the less active members there. I will just say that Hungarian hospitals are very different from ones than I am used to. I am so grateful so technology! It was a little crazy going to see the hospital here.

Our investigators are doing awesome. We had a program with D, A, and G and did trust falls with them and talked to them about faith. I think it was a really powerful lesson for them all. They all wanted to say the prayer at the end so we all let them say a prayer. And they actually prayed for things they wanted. Hearing a child say a sincere prayer is one of the most tender moments. No wonder God loves His children so much. It was such a good and fun lesson!

On Saturday, we had the craziest day but it was so good! We had a sport day and played soccer. We have been trying to get a lot more people to come and this weekend we ended up having 22 people come! And all of them were our investigators besides 2 members. It was awesome! And crazy! The night before, at game night, we met A and G's dad. He has been serving over in Afghanistan and just got home a little over a week ago. He is awesome! It was so cool to talk to him. I was talking about his time over there and he started telling me a little about his job. He trains other soldiers to use equipment and things. I asked him if he had ever heard of the predator airplane and he said of course! He said he has used that lots over there and that is has been their eyes. He said that it was saving tons of lives there. They couldn't have done a lot of what they did without it. I thought that would be good for dad to here! IT was cool to talk to him about it. He speaks perfect English of course too so that made it a little easier to talk about military things.

Anyways, so we invited him and his family to sport day and they said they were all going to come. Super awesome family! So he comes to sport day a little late and we had so many people he was trying to figure out who was on who's team. Anyways, he starts to play on our team and he is super good at soccer! After about 15 or 20 minutes of playing, he lifted up his daughter on his back and then the ball came over to him. So he too quickly put his daughter down and we all heard a big pop and he was down for the count. I felt horrible. Anyways, long story short, they went to the hospital and we went over and visited them later that day. We found out he tore his Achilles tendon and has to have surgery on it and it will take 2 months to recover. It was so sad! But he was super nice about it! So that was crazy.

Right after sport day, we came over to the Smiths to have a program with F and his family. They made us stuffed cabbage. It was delicious! We had another good program with F and he still wants to be baptized. He has read a lot and is doing good!

E is doing well. We had a lot of good programs with her this week. I love her family so much! She is going to have to make some really tough decisions in her life. But we had some members there and they told about their conversion stories. These members are my hero's! They sacrifice so much. They really are so strong here. I just love these Hungarian people so much.

Yesterday was also a little crazy. All of the M came to church and a few other children. And we found out after sacrament meeting that the person who was teaching primary couldn't stay so we had to do a last minute lesson. It was so crazy but we had a lot of fun! It was fun acting like a little kid again and singing all the primary songs. We taught them the song, 'do as I'm doing' and they loved it! It has been a great week!

This week I was learning a lot about patience. I have been learning so much about the Christlike attributes. This was my favorite scripture I found on patience: Hebrews 12:1 'let us lay aside every weight...and run with patience the race that is set before us'. We are all in Gods hands. When we trust in Him, the weight of the world doesn't have to weigh us down. We just have to keep running and keep being obedient to what the Lord has commanded us. I love this gospel and am so happy! I love being a missionary! Best thing I have ever done in my life! Love you all! Have a great week!

Falslev Nover  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment