Tuesday, May 27, 2014

GREENIE FIRE!!!!!! Whoo!!!!!!!

Man I dont even know where to begin this week. It has been so crazy. But just awesome! It has been so much fun to have 3 new greenies in Szolnok!!! Seriously...we needed it here! They are so awesome and so good already at the language. The teachers in the MTC only spoke Hungarian to them the whole time they were there from day 1. They could only speak Hungarian to their teachers too the last 2 weeks. And they got to skype with actual Hungarians so their pronounciation is a lot better. The MTC has really improved! It is amazing!

My companion is Sister Cropper. She is awesome! She already knows what she is doing....she just has to get a little used to the culture! We have had so much fun this week though seeing all the things in Hungary. I forgot how different everything was when I first got here. I have gotten really used to things here.

Our investigators are still doing good. We have had some awesome programs with É this week with some of the members. Members make a huge impact when they come to our programs! It seriously is like night and day. É is really trying to decide what she needs to do to be baptized, It really is a very hard situation. She is doing awesome though and just keeps learning and doing everything she can! One thing that I learned from her lesson this past week that really impacted me was that sometimes, as human beings, we like to worry a lot. And this past week, I have been worrying a lot. It has been a pretty crazy week. Anyways, I just realized that I have spent so much time worrying about things that when it finally comes time to do them, I dont have enough energy to even do what I want/need to do. Sometimes we spend so much time worrying about things that when it finally comes time to do it, we have already spent all of our energy and have wasted it all for nothing. Such a good lesson for me this week!

Nothing too  crazy has happened to us this week. We have just been trying to get everything settled in and get everything going for this transfer.

Yesterday we had to go to Budapest for greenie training. So sister Cropper was in meetings all day and I just got to go have fun with some of the Sisters from my group. It was so much fun! And such a good p day. We went up and saw buda castle and then we went to János's mountain. It is this tower that you can hike up to and overlook all of Budapest. It was beautiful! We decided to go last minute and we just wore our skirts....it was so hot and we were sweating so bad! Everyone along the paths kept looking at us like we were freaks too because we were all hiking in skirts haha! It was so much fun though! And it was cool to see over Budapest. When you are in Budapest, the city seems so big and huge but looking down at it from the mountain it seemed so small and seemed like such a little place compared to all around it. It was kinda a visual for me for our life. God can see our lives from a tower on top of a high mountain and we are wandering down on the streets of Budapest. Sometimes we dont know where to go or what street to go on, but God has given us the tools to make it through and guide us through it. God can see the big picture. He sees that 'the city' (even though it seems really big to us) is just a little part to our big journey. And our journey really leads to the most beautiful place...back to where God is to see it all - to really see the big picture of things. It was such a good hike!

And also when we went to Budapest it was just me with the 3 greenies. The other to elder trainers stayed here to save money. It was so much fun taking all three of them. They talked the WHOLE train ride about how much they already love hungary and what they thought was so cool about Hungary! It just made me realize a lot about how much this has already become my home and this is normal for me. I love Hungary so much!!!! Also when we got to the mission home, President Smith showed me a picture that reminded him of me. It was of a big mama duck and a whole bunch of chicks following her. He said that that was me bringing all the greenies in and everyone started laughing. It was so much fun to just see the new missionaries so full of fire and ready to talk to anyone and everyone! It has been a really good week.

Well I love you all and hope you are all doing great! I hope you had a great weekend!

Szeretlek!

FAlslev Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment