Monday, June 23, 2014

I love being a missionary! Life couldn't get any better!

I seriously cannot believe another whole week has already passed. Time seems to go by so fast.

Our investigators are doing so well! We have had some good experiences this week.

We went over to see s and see how his leg was doing. I made him brownies but got a little impatient and the outside was burnt and the inside was delicious! haha! So we went and just got him some other treats. We also took him a new liahona. We found out that he knew a mormon guy where he was serving in the military and he really appreciated his standards. He also told us that he heard a lot about the BOM and he saw that his kids had one and so he thought he was going to start reading it. So we ended up going home, writing our testimonies in his own copy and gave him one. they are the coolest family ever! He also told me a lot about using the ROVER equipment and things that dad has done. it was fun to hear his stories. and being over behind enemy lines really got him thinking about what is most important in life. We were so happy!

I also had my last zone conference this week. It was such a good zone conference. We watched a short clip from the movie 'facing the giants'.  this football coach is sick and tired of his team already thinking they are going to lose when playing games so he makes one of the leaders on the team do the 'death crawl' across the whole field. But the coach blindfolded him so he couldnt see how far he had come. the boy was only supposed to go 50 yards but he ended up going the whole field length. And it is so true with us....sometimes the world sets standards for us and we never think we can even reach them. But as we put our blindfold on and trust in our coach (Christ) we are able to accomplish a lot more than we ever thought possible. it was a really good conference and i learned a lot in it.

So on Friday, F called us and told us that he wanted us to come over and see a lamb slaughter. His son was graduating from 8th grade so they were throwing a big party the next day and going to slaughter this lamb. We didnt have time that night, so we sent the elders and they had so much fun. The next day, we went over to their house for dinner and it was the craziest ever. We had just gotten back from meeting with an RCLA and she had fed us TONS of food and then we went straight to F's. I wasnt really feeling very well either and so i was hoping to sneakily just get by with just taking a little bit of food. i almost got away with it, but at the last minute F saw so he grabbed my plate and he filled it up. And man, does he really know how to feel a plate! he put more on my plate than the elders! So much that food wasnt even staying on the plate. And this isnt like your typical well-balanced meal of veggies, bread, meat, etc....this is ALL just meat. Oh my gosh! I have never felt so sick but I sure did get a lot of help eating it! All the other missionaries were busting up laughing because they knew how full I already was and my companion got away with only eating a little. It was really nice to meet all of F's family though. They sure did make us feel like family haha! It was a good cultural experience for us. I love the F!

Also this week, we met with someone new named K. He asked us for BOM a few weeks ago and has come to sport day a few times. He was asking me all sorts of questions but was still a little hestitant to meet. But this week we finally met with him. And the program was awesome! The spirit was so strong but at the end he seemed a little nervous. i was super bummed at the end cause i honestly thought we had given him to much information and he was a little overwhelmed. Then just before church starts, i turn around and he came to church! And the whole meeting was just perfect for him! he told me that he could only stay for the 1st hour and after the first hour he asked if it was okay if he stayed for the whole church meeting. It was awesome!

But I think the highlight of my week this week was the M. I LOVE these girls! We have been through a lot with them this week, but it just makes me love them even more! These girls have so much to overcome in their circumstances but they have such pure and simple faith. it is wonderful to see. During the week V asked me if our sholders always had to be covered. i told her yes and explained a little about why. She came to church on sunday in a pretty blue dress with a pretty pink cardagain that covered her sholders. She wanted to be just like the Sisters and cover her sholders. Then we went over later Sunday night because V wanted to take us to her grandma's house to teach her grandma too. V was also wearing her cute pink cardagain to cover up her sholders. On the way over to her grandmas, she asked me if I was going to be coming to a camp with them branch on August 2nd. One of the members told her no that I would be going home. V turned to me in the most heart-breaking way and asked me in i would be there for her baptism on Aug. 17th. I told her no. V just stopped and ran to me and gave me the biggest hug I have ever got and started bawling. And that just got me bawling. I think that was really the first realization I've gotten how little time I have left. I am pretty sure i have given these girls my whole heart and when V started bawling, i just felt like my heart was starting to fall apart. i love this little family so much! We ended up continuing on to her grandma's house and it was like V was another companion and little sister missionary! She was helping me explain everything about the BOM to her grandma and was telling all of her cousins and everyone who would listen. I was so proud of her! I have learned so much from her! And i cant wait for her to finally be baptized. she has been waiting for so long!

I love being a missionary. This is the happiest time of my life. There is no where else or anything else I would rather be doing right now. I know that obeying the commandments and living gospel principlies is really trully what brings happiness in our lives. And sharing that with others brings joy that you cant even describe. I love being a missionary!

Love you all!

Falslev nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment