Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My last letter....

Wow. Time goes by so fast. This is really hard. We have had such a great week. I dont even think I can explain all my emotions in an email. It has been so great!

We had a Hungarian Rost last p day....it was a huge miracle! It was beautiful weather the whole day and then as soon as we left the branch house with everyone, it started to DOWNPOUR!!!! Everyone was so sad! We had been planning on it for so long. So we stopped under a bridge, said a prayer that it would stop raining, and did some yoga for a few minutes. Pretty soon it stopped raining and we went and got a fire started. It was delicious! A Hungarian roast = pure bacon fat dripped over bread with onions and peppers. SO DELICIOUS!!! And so unhealthy! haha! Best roast ever! And the biggest miracle of it all, we were talking to our branch president a few days later about the roast and he said that in all of Szolnok it downpoured for hours....there was only one little area where it didnt rain and that was right where we were doing our roast. Miracles do happen! God has really watched over us this week and our investigators.

We also got to go on a crazy drive with the Smiths this week. We got lost and were going on all sorts of weird roads. But we ended up finding the city of storks and that was really cool! Enjoy the journey while it lasts!

We also went to see this guy named S B. He is hilarious and he loves the missionaries. He isnt a member but the missionaries do a lot with him. We went out to his house with the Smiths and he is really into hunting. We were looking at all of his things, when we turn around and saw S B running at us in a big wild boar pig skin. Sister C about had a heart attack. I was laughing so hard! Wild boars are big! haha!

All of our investigators are doing so well. I wont lie though...it has been so tough to say goodbye. So tough. I am just so glad that these people really are in the Lords hands. The Lord is taking care of them. Every program has just been perfect this week. I have come to love these people more than I can even describe over a simple email.

On Sunday during primary, all the kids and the primary teacher got up at the end and sang me a song. As stressful as primary is sometimes, I love those kids with all my heart! This week has just gone by so fast.

Yesterday, we went and met with M along with the branch president. We had one of the best programs again. It is amazing to see the difference the gospel can make in someone's lives. Afterward, M and I said goodbye to each other. It was really hard. M thanked me for teaching her about enduring to the end. I was honestly a little surprised by that...I thought she was say a lot of other things before she said that. And then she just sincerely thanked me for never, ever giving up on her. I always came and loved her no matter what she did or what she said. She thanked me for enduring to the end with her because now she finally knows what she needs to do to get her life back in order. The greatest of Gods miracles are really the miracles that take place in peoples hearts.

I cannot believe this is my last letter home as a missionary. I feel so many different emotions. I have learned so many things on my misison. I have had so many hard times. I have had so many good times. I have experienced so many heart aches. I have experienced so many miracles. But no matter what I was experiencing, God was always by my side, cheering me on to be better. To become something. The Lord has just taken me on the most marvelous journey I have even been on. He has given me so many gifts and has only asked that I share them with others. In sharing them with others, my life has become so much more meaningful. God does speak to us today! He is so aware of us. We need but only search Him.

I am so grateful for my mission. I am so glad that the Lord gave me enough strength through my trials that I did not give up. I love being a missionary. And I am excited for the opportunity to go home and continue to serve and grow. Thank you for all your love and support for me on my mission. I really do have the best family in the entire world! I couldnt have done it without you all. I love you lots! And I will see you in a few days.

Falslev Nővér

This is L. We found him on the day that we got 5 let in programs....our miracle saturday. He just got baptized on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment